- Website Sizzle, But No Steak?
- For eCommerce Success, Plan Before You Build
- What Makes a Great Website Designer?
- Add an Online Operator to Your Website For Added Customer Conversion
- Common Sense Website Strategy
- Creating a Perfect RFP (Request for Proposal) for Your Website
- Testing For Better Website Conversions
- Ecommerce 101 - Getting Started
- Redesigning Your Website for Internet Success
- What is a Custom Website Application and How Can it Help My Business?
Website customization can refer to any of the following:
- Creating custom website software
- Changing a website's template design
- Creating a website from scratch
- Adding programming scripts to an existing website
Creating Custom Website Software
Websites can be given many capabilities by adding special programming code to website pages. Most website pages are "static" or simply display website content such as text, graphics and photographs. Custom website software can allow you to let website visitors register through your website, then have access to their own account information after they have been verified.
Changing a Website's Template Design
Most websites today use a content management system, which will utilize one or more "templates" to control the look and feel of the overal page structure and how the text appears on the page. Many content management systems will come with a basic template, but may require customizing the template in order to re-arrange the page elements.
Often a completely new template design is created, then converted to a template which is used withing the website. In this context, the entire design is customized.
Creating a Website From Scratch
While most websites today will use a content management system to give structure and capabilities to the website, some websites may be built from scratch. While this approach will allow for a very customized look and feel for the website, this approach may be better suited for a very small website, where managing content within the website is not a big issue.
Adding Programming Scripts to an Existing Website
Adding an Online Operator or a Chat System, a Support Ticket System or a Survey to an existing website can be accomplished by integrating a programming script or website application with your website.
This approach can turn an otherwise static website into an interactive website without having to rebuild the entire website. There are many different programming scripts or applications available, and most can be customized and adapted to fit within an existing website so they appear to be part of the website, not an afterthought.
If you have questions or would like additional information, please use the Contact Form below to get in touch with us.